Friday, December 10, 2010

He's Mr. Heat Miser...

I loved all the stop motion holiday movies when I was a kid.  Rudolph, Santa Claus comes to Town, The Year without a Santa Claus, and so on, so forth.  I haven't watched these movies in about 20 years and today I was thumbing along the stations and came across the "Year without a Santa Claus".  It features the characters, Heat Miser and Cold Miser.

The Miser Brothers!
 Did they put LSD in the kids' cereal boxes back in the '70's? I had a flash back, trippin'n, to the song playing in my brain (He's Mister Green Christmas, Mr. Green Christmas... never wanna see a day under 60 degrees...)! Check out my boys, TFK doing an awesome fix to Heat Miser.
All in all I'm in conflict with myself because they freak me out now.  I think I can tolerate Rudolph and Santa Claus is coming to Town w/ Fred Astaire, but after that the characters start to really make my skin crawl... like a bad version of HR PufnStuf..I have to stop at the moment and walk around to get my skin back under control because it crawls at the near idea of even blogging PufnStuf.... eww there it goes again. 
Anyway, they still don't hold a candle to Charlie Brown's Christmas!

1 comment: